26 January 2011

the game of life.

the way you move is a mystery,
and i can run away.
beam me up
after you slam me down.
art on the wall,
and i will kill us all.
i'm in the pursuit of something
that i have yet to see,
but, oh, what i see when you
see me.
flames and torrents,
bright and unforgiving
surges of life.
hopeless me
with a shot in the dark,
but it's never been more
pitch black.
the kiss of death,
you hold the cup.
i'm a cannibal,
and i'll eat you up.
your eyes whisper
stories of every hate
in the world.
every wrong i've asked,
and every beautiful you know.

i've never slept so soundly
as when you slept with me.
all the compromise attached to
our words, but all the same,
there you were.
there you are.
err, here you are.
tell me what you know
about nightmares,
and the twisted nature
of every word you spoke.
death is in the air,
and it's radiating from
every inch of my skin.
final breath, last words.
tomorrow i'm alone,
but there you are, waiting.
you are a human being.
i am a martian.
the lions will attack,
but the lions can wait.
for now, i'm busy.
this is my fate.
stones.
stones, and brilliance.
hello, brilliance.




to my biggest fan,
i was mean to you because
i thought you couldn't be mean.
god, was i ever wrong.
i can feel you watching
my every move,
and i know you see it all.
all those things you "know,"
but you know nothing.
you are blind and cruel.
all of the ugly in the world,
and you chose to make me famous.
dear my biggest fan,
leave me be.

sometimes there is no turning back.
one to never leave,
and one never to leave.
you can't carry it with you
if you want to survive.

the two are not the same.
we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment