30 January 2011

blackout.

i can't focus.
that's the first fact
i focus on,
and then it's gone.
i'm floating,
floating somewhere.
i taste blood,
and see distorted
images floating around
behind my eyes.
my ears are ringing,
ringing out.
in a short moment,
i forget all of that.
i'm floating.
my new found prison,
lacking cells and bars.
where are the gods?

hold on to the end of the night,
shaking twice from the fear.
in the morning light, let it go,
my hero is here.


this solitary cell,
endless on any side,
is something unlike
anything i've seen before.
i could play here forever,
but i can't stay long.
isn't that always the way?
trying to be everyone's barbie,
breaking hearts left and right.
my life only works a certain way,
and who am i to change that?
take a step back and judge me,
but who are you to tell me no?
play me a brand new song.
shut up, and play along.

i'm deficient,
and a failure.


i'm not sure what
i would do
without you.
the new.
the old.
the wise.
the bold.

i am not a human,
and i told you that.
these distorted images are
changing,
and i can taste blood.

we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment