18 January 2011

the confession.

i've been spending a lot
of time living this life that
before, i glared at from
the sidelines.
because before i knew that
look in your eyes,
outer space was home.
"towers," he said,
but these towers are yours.
i've stepped out of the tunnel,
and in all that noise, silence.
the sun peaks over the horizon,
and we are alone.
we are alone.

i close my eyes,
and i see compounded thoughts
and pictures.
it's all so consuming,
biting at the edges
of my sanity.
tugging at the edges
of my heart.
when you touch my face,
though, my mind goes blank.
i can see clearly,
and i can see you.
i can see you.

your smile hangs on
a string just in front of me.
your dreams expel every
demon i own,
and they're gone
until i'm gone again.
i, so selfishly, close my eyes,
and wish you'd stay forever.
shakespeare's words hold nothing
for me like every trivial
detail you mention.
captivation is fine,
but i get so literally lost
in every thing you say.
i'm overwhelmed with you,
and speak to me thoughtfully.
thoughtfully speak.

sometimes, watching the stars
fall from the sky,
i lose track of this maze i'm in.
i follow this line and the next
to the ends of the earth,
but refuse to discover
the underneath.
you are not mine,
and i must respect that
fact above everything
i know.
yes, sometimes i just want
to let go of everything i hold,
and float away in the current.
easier said than done.
yes, sometimes i just want
to throw caution to the wind,
and dive into the avenues, unexplored.
dive into the avenues.


oh, what i've become.
oh, what you've made me.
once, a doll, and now i'm real.
because of you, i get to feel.

let me mingle with your eyelashes,
and let me slip away.
let me slip away.

we are not the same.

1 comment: