14 November 2010

southbeach.

i woke up with a quickly-drawn "b" right along my jaw.
honestly, i didn't know the sharpie scribble on my
hand was a "b" until i saw it this morning.
on my cheek.

i had so much fun last night.

i came to the realization that perhaps
there is such a thing as a pretty alpha chi omega.
this led me to the realization that
no matter where you are, or who you are,
there are always other fish in the sea.
there is another person, another fish.
another chance at happiness.
so, it's on to the next.

"there's better fish in the sea
than ever came out of it."
-after juliet

seems lately, i've been trying a little too hard to
get the attention that i used to get
without raising a finger.
last night, i had those drizzly eyes gazing.
full of want, curiosity, wonder.
up and down. up and down.
i danced with a blonde stranger.
i felt the combustion engine that lives
inside of me pumping for dear life.
it was more fun than i've had in a long time.
there was no weight from societal pressures
pushing down on my back.
hunching me. killing me.
now that i'm safely back inside my own bones,
these bones i've allowed to grow up and around me,
i know how it's supposed to be
in the external.

it's too bad that it's not my style.
wonderful things can happen in situations
where those who take part are hopelessly
out of their element.
or just hopeless.

statements made, i'm done.
i've begun to fly somewhere above it.
approximately 60,000 miles up,
traveling at mach 2.02.
similar to the actions of a concorde super-jet.
please, do catch up.
explain to me how the sonic boom feels.
anyone?




so, look closely.
understand that i haven't changed at all.
understand that i still have morals and manners.
understand that i know my left from my right.
understand that i still have feelings, somewhere.
understand that i've grown up.
understand that i've changed so much.

we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment