28 November 2010

roman's revenge.

dear, how things have changed for us.
all of those things i never expected,
and all of those things that i saw coming.
all of those things i still see coming,
off in the distance.
near and far.
near and then far.
may the angels lead you in,
for i've forgotten how.
i've forgotten many things.
what i was feeling that night.
how the light glitters across your smile.
just how scared i am of losing
all of these things i spend
my days
running away from.
am i the crazy one?
i must be insane,
so where did you put my asylum?
oh, those robes you wear
when you stand over me,
lingering,
and i'm falling.
oh, the wind
that is carrying me south
of your expectations.
when i land,
i'll have to travel far
just to get back
to where you think i should be.
even as i make friends with the clouds,
i wonder where you may be.
even as i step into the lions den,
i think about the words i've spoken to you.
i hope that in the end,
my end,
you'll repeat them all
backwards.
perfectly backwards.
you are perfect.
we go back.
i am backwards.
i am destruction,
and i am proud.

take me by the hand,
and tell me you will take me
anywhere.
can you see past me?
oh, how i've tried to stand
right in front of you.
and oh, how i plan to stay
right here.
in front of you.


we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment