19 November 2010

if you run,

after the lions take their share,
a frightening magic i cling to.
i've asked nothing but chances
out of you,
for you.
so easily is a globe placed into
hands that could never hold
what it keeps inside.
so easily.


when the lights dim,
i still find myself blinded.

oh, how invisible i've become.
puzzled and riddled.
holding signs of the sick.
the unable.
has the curtain fallen?
descending like gabriel,
with similar intentions.
for me. against me.
the flow and cycle.


i wait for the new chapter
in this old book.
plead for this wrinkled page
to turn.
i've read it a million times,
memorized the lettering of each word,
it seems.
always thrown by the first sentence.
always mistaking it for something new.
it's never new.
let me go.


oh the secrets i keep behind these eyes.
how could you take me for a shark?
i could never be.
i could never hope to be.
not with my jar of souls so empty.
yearning to be set free.
smashed on broken sidewalks.
placed inside storybooks,
the ones that caught your eye.
no song can be played
with these broken strings.
no arrows sent flying.
made barefoot.
how could you take me for a shark?
when i prayed for it,
swam through the sea,
searching.
oh, the beautiful fish i've seen.
the magical creatures you've only dreamed of.
the vastness i call home,
so full of life,
feels so empty and small.


don't wake me.
i'm only dreaming.
perhaps i can make some memories
of my own.
i'm only dreaming.


we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment