09 June 2011

the drug deal.

i messed up.
no, fuck that.
i've messed up
every time i've had the chance.
every time someone blinks,
i take it too far.
i never meant to hurt anyone.
no, fuck that.
i do this shit on purpose.
i play people like chess pieces,
and i'm getting sick of it.

let me tell you a little secret
about me that you don't know.
for as long as i can remember,
making you fall in love with me
has been as easy as batting
an eyelash.
making you bow at my feet
and do any menial task
has been as simple
as lifting a finger.
making you hand over
your favorite record
and your life savings
has been as empty as
getting dressed.
i can make you say and do
whatever i want; a puppet,
and i'm done with it.
because every time
it comes back on me when
you're standing there
asking me to feel, too.

let me tell you a little secret
about me that you don't know.
my range of emotion is
severely limited.
and each time i've revved my engine,
i've only been left with the hurt
of losing yet another one.
there was no joy of gaining,
no joy of having,
no joy of savoring,
no joy of living.
only the pain of watching
another one walk away.

so let me tell you a little secret
about me that i KNOW you
don't already know.
my name is josh montana, and i'm done.
i refuse to play my games anymore.
you get hurt, and you hurt me.
and if we're both losing
and no one is winning,
where is the game?

my name is josh montana,
and i've missed you.
i'd like to come back,
if you'll have me.
things are going to be different
around here, because Josh and josh,
we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment