23 June 2011

call it home.

there goes another cigarette,
gone in the wind.
there goes my inhibitions,
gone in the wind.
there goes my faith,
swept away by something
i can't see.

if i still looked to you
for hope or for strength,
well, i wouldn't get too far.
you don't even know
who you are.
sometimes you have to
create your path,
leave behind a few
broken hearts,
and get somewhere
fast.


i'll have the time
of my life,
and i'll never
fall in love.



a lot of people hate me
for being cruel or for being heartless,
but they would be lying if they
said there wasn't something about
me they wanted.
it's always the same.
sometimes, i kind of hate me, too,
but isn't that life?

there goes yesterday,
gone in the wind.
there goes your face,
gone in the wind.


and when the day comes
that i'm asked to stand up
for what i believe in,
i'll set the world on fire.
feel the heat, close your eyes.
imagine the flames dancing
in the wind, but they aren't
going anywhere.

there goes my heart,
gone in the wind.
we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment