08 November 2011

the electric.

everything is falling,
and i am included in that.
and i know about all the negative
we attach to that word,
but i promise you that i mean
it in the best and brightest
light.


just because everything can fall,
doesn't mean that all must hit
the floor.
it's just that everyone conspires,
and i wonder what you do it for.


they said a lot when they said,
"the world was built for two."
it doesn't feel a thing like falling.
some days, i swear that
i'm scared.


take off your colors.
who are you wearing them for?


so we'll take the falling,
forget the lights,
and drive around for the longest nights.
let's lose the time,
find all the lost,
find the knot in st. peter's cross.
we'll just look for you.
for you, and you alone.
we'll call it a comeback,
coming back for nothing new.




i don't mind what you do
when you're alone.
i don't care for the classes you attend.
i've got all these rules,
and i beg them all to bend.
i look up to you,
control without caution.
if nothing else,
i'll take comfort in knowing
that you exist.
and if i ever found a way out,
i swear i'd get lost in you.
lose myself in the fog,
lose myself in your eyes.
it doesn't feel a thing like falling.


i'd have to call this the
easiest conspiracy
i've ever met,
so explain this all to me.
tell me all your secrets,
tell me all your lies.
tell that you'll never make me cry.
tell me that i'm going to live,
and that you'll never die.
i'll hide my doubts in the dirt,
and you, all in the sky.


i'm holding on to tomorrow,
and it doesn't feel a thing like falling.
tell me all the things you want to do.
for you. for you. it's all for you.
if you didn't know then,
baby now you do.


and then you said a little more about your dreams,
like that was my call.


my, that's some dream.
we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment