16 November 2011

the copyright.

you know,
you'll find whatever it is
that you're looking for in
the last place you look.


i can only stay if you promise
to teach me something new every day,
and do whatever it takes to make me happy.
the scientist didn't make it easy for us,
but in his defense, he never said he would.
and half the time, i'm lost.
and half the time, i don't even know what to call you.






i have some things i want to say to you.
unfortunately, i don't know all the words.
i pray that i know them one day.
until then...


if you start the fire,
i'll never put out the flames.
and i'll never be able to forget your name.
i'm in love with 181 miles,
but i can never stand the distance.
in the dark, you shine.
in the light, you are mine.
in the north, we say your name.
in my eyes, we play your game.


i could never learn another game,
if you only asked.


you asked me to tell you sweet things
while you slept the night away.
another chance for my words to
just get in the way.


seem to stop my breath.
my head on your chest,
waiting to cave in.
from the bottom of my...
hear your voice again.
could we dim the sun
and wonder where we've been?
maybe you and me.
so kiss me like you did,
my heart stopped beating;
such a softer sin...

in your eyes,
i lost my place.
could stay a while
and I'm melting,
in your eyes.
like my first time
that I caught fire,
just stay with me,
lay with me
now.



this made me think about you,
along with everything else in the world,
but this in particular brought you back.
i hope you hear what i did.


goodnight,
and sweet dreams.
we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment