18 July 2011

the dolls.

i guess i just got lost,
and now i've lost
who i am.




i can't sit around
and wait for you to give
me my identity back.
too easy to rise above.
i've got my gun,
i'm right behind you.


i needed to know that it
was something you would keep,
and you set fire to it the moment
i turned my back.
and when i returned,
built atop the ashes was
an exact replica.
round two?






i guess that life will never
turn out exactly how we want,
or how we plan it.
no matter how long we spend
on our knees with our eyes
closed.
you're not sorry.
let me be myself.
sometimes opportunities
have to be taken.


this time around i'm
on the hunt for a new taste.
a new smile, and a new bite.
and when i was young,
i watched my mother hold my heart.
she did her best to wrap it around
something pure.
she stitched it up tight with
her bare fingers,
and she told me to hold it forever.
the moment freedom hit,
i passed it around the room;
show and tell.
it's full of bricks now,
and it's so heavy.
you have to run with the
world on your shoulders.
you're not sorry.
let me be myself.




what luck this is.
what a bitter lie.
it was too big a risk,
something you wouldn't try.
i should've seen,
hindsight, i'm blind.
that cloud of green,
that silly line.
how are you mean?
and did you ever try?
i needed to know,
and you gave me a show.
laid me to rest,
tied my heart with a bow.


all of these things
i should've seen,
and i didn't see any of them.
hindsight, i'm blind.


you've heard of revenge?
we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment