13 April 2011

tsomla.

clear.
clear and concise.
your fingers
paint pictures
of palm trees
in the wind.
and i can still
see that sparkle
in your eye.
i can feel your
excitement when
you handed me
some forgetmenot
you'd been holding
for god knows how long.
how you jumped at
opportunity
to finally give
it over.

goodbye to all
i thought i knew,
and to all you
thought you had.
goodbye to trials.
goodbye to streetlamps.

that lullaby you sang
in some language
i wish i could
fully comprehend.
that time it was
time to step up
for once in my life.

goodbye to staying
up all night with you,
and goodbye to
floating in your dreams.

you found me in the ocean
when my ship had
lost its sail.
from the deep, you came,
and in blue you shall remain.


key after key.
slowly tapped.
resources i never
knew i had;
instincts, untapped.
i thought you were
playing the song for me.
i struggle with the thought
that it was about me
for the future.

you took my hand
and said to me,
"this could be the end."
your face was stern,
and my heart continued to beat.
what i never saw coming,
but i always knew.
now you're a ghost,
and i will make a bet
that any passerby
can walk right through
you.

goodbye to all the
great romances
of the 21st century.
goodbye to the lion's
roar, but not the honey
in his head.
goodbye to shops of gold,
but never what you said.

goodbye to the dead flowers
you left me with,
and you walked away.

[you never did,
but you always do.
i'm just a kid,
you never knew.
you gave me wings
and i never flew.
we counted kings,
something grew.
and now i'm through,
these drops of rain.
falling fast,
it's just a game.
and now at last,
i'm chasing fame.
chasing something,
not the same.
check the books,
i called your name.
hear the hooks.
it's such a shame.]

author's rebuttal,
you've called me down.
i'm here to plead my case.
i'll make it back to
that broken sail,
in the middle of the ocean.
or at least to the palms
you painted me.
to the lullaby you sang.
your silly little games.

goodbye to speaking,
whispering,
breathing.
you're dead now.
this is your funeral.
you're dead and gone.
and just before they
box you in,
i see life in your eyes.

goodbye.
we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment