02 March 2011

protagonist/antagonist.

i'm thinking it's time to
turn this around.
you caught me off guard,
and the sun is getting
tired of chasing the moon.
i won't lie,
you caught me off guard.
it has never hurt so bad
to be so wrong.
this hour of life is not
where i belong.
sin, count 7.
smile, count 23.
who is me?
i'll set you free.

if you ever get the choice,
recover.
find yourself floating in the ocean,
i've left you there to die.
you were everything to me,
nothing but a lover.
hello, again,
it's time for goodbye.
a day without you
is like a year without rain.
eyelashes, canvas,
paint me your pain.
her flowing gown spoke to me,
stories of letting you go.
behind the lion's eyes,
but you'll never know.

a crossroads of 4.
in dreams, called the whore.
can't you hear me calling?
the ocean is running dry,
and you continue to swim north.
how can i speak your name
without a voice of my own?
i've lost my castle,
misplaced my throne.
i refuse to say yes or no.
i refuse forever to let you go.
decisions, count 4 again.
in fact,
chalk that down
as another sin.

i've done enough,
ruined the fun.
walk away, josh,
you know you're done.
blank stare,
but you're still there.
playing this game,
never playing fair.

we are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment